Fall 2021 & Winter 2021
We are excited to expand our course offerings for those seeking CPRS and RPS Certification. Please review the upcoming course offerings (below). Stay tuned for details about dates and CEUs offered for these courses.
We are also available for workshops-on-demand, asynchronous learning opportunities for your team, and custom workshop and meeting facilitation. Please reach Dr. L.A. if you are interested in any of our grant writing or other non-profit support services.
- 8 Dimensions of Wellness
- Brain Injury
- Conflict Mediation and Transformation
- CPRS Advocacy Domain Training
- CPRS Ethics Domain Training
- CPRS Mentoring/Education Domain Training
- CPRS Supervision Training
- CPRS Exam Prep
- eCPR Practice Community Immersion
- eCPR Refresher
- emergent spirituality
- Harm Reduction & emergent wellness
- LGBT Advocacy Training
- LGBT Ethics Training
- LGBT Mentoring/Education Training
- LGBT Recovery/Wellness Training
- Motivational Interviewing
- Peer Recovery Support Group
- Problem Gambling & Spending
- Public Narrative
- Recovery Focusing
- SMART Recovery
- Trauma & Healing with Peers
Fall 2021 CPRS learning cohort announced!
Participants in the CPRS Cohort will be provided with high-quality trainings (such as CCAR Recovery Coach Academy, Emotional CPR, and Naloxone training) and an opportunity to complete all of their supervision with our team. For non-profit and organizational discounts, please contact Dr. L.A. McCrae. Just $625 for all of the CEUs, supervision, and mentoring needed for Certified Peer Recovery Specialists in the State of Maryland.
New trainings added – september 3, 2021
- eCPR Refresher. Saturday, October 2, 2021. 10 am – 2 pm. 6 MABPCB CEUs. 1 CEU Advocacy .5 CEUs Ethics 1.5 CEUS Mentoring/Education. 3 CEUS Recovery/Wellness. Early-bird registration: $20. After September 20, $50 registration.
- eCPR Practice Immersion. Wednesday, October 6, 2021. 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm. 3 MABPCB CEUs. .5 CEUs Advocacy .5 CEUs Mentoring/Education 2 CEUs Recovery/Wellness. Early-bird registration: $5. After September 20, $25 registration.
- emergent: wellness. Monday, October 11, 2021. 11 am – 1 pm. 4 MABPCB CEUs. .5 CEUs Advocacy .5 CEUs Ethics 3 CEUs Recovery/Wellness. Early-bird registration: $10. After September 20, $25 registration.
- WRAP and Trauma. October 2021. 16 MABPCB CEUs. 3 CEUs Advocacy 1 CEU Ethics 2 CEUs Mentoring/Education. 10 CEUs Recovery/Wellness. Early-bird registration: $30. After September 20, $80 registration.
- CCAR Ethical Considerations. October 9 & 11, 2021. 12 MABPCB CEUs. 12 CEUs Ethics. Early-bird registration: $25. After September 20, $75 registration.
- CCAR Recovery Coach Academy. October 2021. 30 MABPCB CEUs. 7.5 CEUs Advocacy 9 CEUs Ethics 5.25 CEUs Mentoring/Education 8.25 CEUs Recovery/Wellness. Early-bird registration: $100. After September 20, $175 registration.
project: liberation, in collaboration with On Our Own of Frederick County, will be hostingRPS Cohort Alpha, beginning September 23, 2021. This is a 6-part series for those looking for courses for RPS Refresher and to deepen their skills as a supervisor and leader in the peer recovery field.
Method: All of the courses will be offered in a hybrid format. In-person participants are invited to On Our Own of Frederick County located at 22 S Market Street Frederick, MD 21701. Participants are also invited to participate online. Additionally, this course will provide opportunities for asynchronous learning, connecting, and deepening of skills. During sessions, participants are asked to log in by computer, with a stable internet connection throughout the training space. Participants coming into the space are asked to wear masks and appropriately social distance.
Time of Trainings: 10 am – 2 pm, synchronous learning + asynchronous learning.
Dates of Training:
- September 23, 2021. RPS Refresher. Register here.
- September 30, 2021. RPS Supervising Peers. Register here.
- October 7, 2021. RPS Advocacy. Register here.
- October 12, 2021. RPS Ethics. Register here.
- October 14, 2021. RPS Mentoring/Education. Register here.
- October 19, 2021. RPS Recovery/Wellness. emergent: wellness. Register here.
Cost: $65 to $320, on a sliding scale. Participants can choose all 6 courses for a discounted rate. Payments can be made via Zelle, PayPal, CashApp, etc. Additionally, each registration includes sliding scale and no-cost registrations. If additional financial assistance is needed, please email email@example.com.
Location: On Our Own of Frederick County. 22 S Market Street Frederick MD, 21701 + online (virtual)
Contact: For more information and details, please contact Dr. L.A. McCrae of Own Our Own of Frederick County. L.A. can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 443-252-3834 (text preferable).